Follow me on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, May 10, 2010

Recession Special #1: Wet'nWild ColorIcon Palette in Lust


Wet'nWild has always been known for its ultra cheap makeup- both in price and quality. The shadows were powdery, lipstick waxy, and everything had some odd smell I could never quite put my finger on. A few weeks ago, I was watching a video on YT and chuckled when I saw someone using a WnW palette. However, when I saw the results, I was shocked. There was actual color! I quickly searched reviews and found that WnW had reformulated a lot of their products and had actually made better quality products.

I headed out to Walgreens and bought a ColorIcon palette in Lust, the palette with the best reviews on MakeupAlley. It was $4.99 for 6 shadows, 3 matte and 3 shimmer/glitter. The colors range from a deep, blackened purple to a shimmery cream. They are all higly pigmented and blend exceptionally well. I recommend using a primer, particularly Urban Decay's Primer Potion for Eyes. I used a paint pot from MAC and found that the darker colors didn't blend as well. I generally use the darker colors in the crease, pink on the lid, and cream as a highlight. The steele color is great when mixed into a liquid liner. For a little more fun, add some glitter or shimmer over the matte colors!



Despite my initial doubts, I really do love this product. I have used it many times and love the results. I will definitely go back and buy more of these palettes.

Stay beautiful, babes!

No comments:

Post a Comment