Follow me on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, March 9, 2013

BBW Spring Candles

Today I went to Bath and Body Works for the Spring Home fragrance event. I bought 6 candles and received 2 free gifts with purchase. I went to a test store at the Garden State Plaza, in Paramus NJ. They are currently testing out 2 lines called the Tour of Italy and Lakeside collections (pictured below). I was most interested in the Tour of Italy collection, since I'm a sucker for all things Italian. The scents available from this collection were Limoncello, Gelato, Bellini Bar, Espresso Bar, Pizzeria, Tuscan Herbs, and Sicilian Blood Orange. My thoughts on the four I purchased can be found in my youtube review. Here are my thoughts on the ones I did not purchase: Sicilian Blood Orange: sweet, but too 'soft'. Lacks the tart, citrus edge of an orange scent. It was a nice scent, but not strong enough. Bellini bar: description includes sugared grapes and apples. I could definitely smell the crispness of apples, but the sugared grape scent is the strongest element of the scent. I strongly considered buying this, but I chose something else instead. Espresso Bar: a nice, smooth coffee scent. Good and strong. The store also carried the Lakeside collection. I wasn't too thrilled with these, mostly because the scents were too heavy for Spring. Campfire Cookout was similar to Fireside, Summer Smores were like Marshmallow Smores, Forest Trail was like Fresh Balsam. The water based scents were a bit musty, but not terrible. Wildflowers was lovely and fresh. For more on my purchases and these collections, check out my YouTube channel (link on the right!). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment