Follow me on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Beauty Haul

So today was a big shopping day for me - I was celebrating the end of the retail diet! For more information on my 'diet', head to the bottom of the post. For products and where to find them, read directly below.

Here are the beauty items featured in my YT haul video:

e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips - $1 - Target, eyeslipsface.com
e.l.f. Wet Gloss Lash $ Brow Clear Mascara in Crystal - $1 - Target, eyeslipsface.com
Goody Spin Pins in Blonds - $5.99 - Target
Healthy Sexy Hair - Soy Renewal (trial size) - $2.99 - Essentials Beauty Supply
MAC Amplified Lipstick in Girl About Town - $14 - MAC Pro Store, Macy's, maccosmetics.com

LUSH Products (in Macy's, can be found at www.lush.com)
Ickle Baby Bot Bath Bomb - $3.95
Ring Of Roses cut soap - $10.95 (price will vary depending on size you request)
Q10 Toner Tab - $1.95
Seanik Solid Shampoo - $9.95
Godiva 2-in-1 Solid Shampoo - $9.95
Solid Shampoo tin - free (with purchase of 2 solid shampoos)
Sole Revival fizzing foot bar (information unavailable on site)- $3.95
Love Lettuce facial mask - $5.95 (also not on site, I believe this is correct)
Turkish Delight Body Polish- free (sample)


Retail Diet:
After the MAC To The Beach preview party, I realized that I was spending a lot of money without thinking. I decided to tighten the purse strings a little bit. The next day I found myself at Sephora, checking out palettes. I realized then that I had to take a break. I have plenty of makeup, clothes, shoes, etc. I don't need to spend each extra dollar that I have on things I probably don't need. I decided to stop spending money on anything that wasn't necessary, meaning anything that wasn't food or a gift. There were 3 birthdays I needed presents for, 3 bills that needed to be paid, and an annoying parking ticket I didn't want to deal with. The diet began May 18th. I bought nothing. Not a dress, not a blush, not one single shoe. The only shopping I did was for groceries and, at wen the birthdays came, for 3 gifts. I quickly realized how much extra money I had. I was able to pay my bills without flinching. The parking ticket was a piece of cake. I had enough extra cash that I started putting some in an envelope. I made a list of things that tempted me during the diet. At the end of the diet, I would pick the items that I still wanted and purchase them in celebration. I found that my wants changed quickly. An eyeshadow I lusted after for the first week was forgotten by the second, a shoe I practically stalked online wasn't as pretty up close. I learned to truly think about what I was buying. At the end of the diet, I had double what I had expected saved in my little envelope. I put half in my savings account and went on a planned and controlled shopping spree with the rest. This has definitely taught me to think before I purchase something. I may keep up the diet, with a once monthly shopping trip. Hope this was interesting and helpful!

Stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment