Follow me on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, February 25, 2013

Learning to Cook Healthy: Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins

I've been trying to learn some more recipes so that I can cook healthy options for myself. I tend to crave sweets, so baking has been a challenge of mine. Today I made banana chocolate chip oatmeal muffins and they are AWESOME! You can have them for dessert or even breakfast, since they are low fat and a decent source of protein. They're not low carb, but if you balance the rest of your day, its not so bad. I am not the biggest fan of bananas in desserts, but the chocolate definitely made up for it. I added the link to the recipe below (I am not affiliated with the blog/creator of the recipe).

http://greenlitebites.com/2009/03/07/banana-oatmeal-cups-with-chocolate-chips/ 

(I used fat free milk with a sprinkle of stevia for baking and almond extract instead of almond milk).

The recipe says it makes 15, but I got 18 out of the batch. I'll either freeze some or bring them into work, this way I won't be tempted to finish the batch!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment