Follow me on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hello, Gorgeous!

First off, thank you for visiting my blog! Most of you probably got here after watching one of my videos, and for that, I thank you.



So let's talk makeup! That's what we're all here for, right? I have alwways loved playing with makeup. It started with the Tinkerbell sets (does anyone remember those?). My mom would buy them for me and I would use my dad as a test subject. I have many, many pictures of him with lipstick all over his face, including his nose (apparently that was my trademark). When I was 14, I asked my aunt, a beautician, to teach me how to put on my makeup. She was so thrilled to pass on her skills that she gifted me with a beautiful Estee Lauder palette and a few brushes so that I could practice with them. They were my HG products for the longest time. As I grew older (and had to pay for my own things), I relied heavily on drug store products for my cosmedic needs. I was a ballroom dancer and used heavy makeup for my competitions. Other than that, I really didn't use many products.



About a year ago, that all changed. For my last birthday I received Sephora's Blockbuster Palette. I loved it from the moment I opened it. So many colors and products, I didn't know what to do first! I started experimenting with my looks, using new techniques and colors. I felt like a new person. I noticed that I had much better results with this than with my DS products. I began a slow rebuilding of my makeup collection. What once filled a small makeup bag on my bathroom shelf now overflows out of an antique vanity in my room. I'm not going to say that the pricey products are better than the drug store ones, but I will say that the journey has certainly been interesting.



My blog and YouTube channel will be a combination of reviews, hauls, tips/advice, and eventually a few tutorials. I'm still figuring out a lot of terms and techniques and would really like for you to learn with me. I'll pass along any ueful information and we can follow the pursuit of beauty, together!

No comments:

Post a Comment